Tuesday, January 28, 2014

On why I write.

Writing can be a healing thing.

I would know, I have used it all my life. It hasn't mattered whether I was an introvert, like when I was young, or an extrovert, in my adulthood, writing has always been a healing matter for me.

When no one understood me, I understood me, and I could prove it to myself by writing about it. Having the words of how I really feel stare back at me was always satisfying, even if there was no one to read it. Here, at least, I can compose a perfect picture of what is going on inside me. There is no other way I know how to do that.

In my professional career, I have already used writing as a tool. Most of my clients would rather not write, but there have been a few that would. And I think they have found healing, too, because sometimes, there is just no one to talk to. No one that really helps, anyway. And that is where writing can heal when there is no other balm.

There was a dream that I dreamed, a dream to write everything away.

No comments:

Post a Comment