Monday, July 9, 2012

Doesn't anyone understand?

There is no one like you in this world. There will never be anyone else, nor has there ever been, anyone like you in this world.

But no one acts like it. Everyone seems willing to believe that they will meet other people who can replace the ones they already know...

I feel like an alien. Because I know. And I act like it. But no one else seems to.

At any moment, I could depart from this world. I am the only one of my kind, and no one else who comes after me will be just like me. But no one seems to know. No one gets it.

When I have to say goodbye to someone, I know I am saying goodbye to a soul tied with 7 billion others for the rarest thing in existence. Knowing I can only ever meet so few of those in my life, it's like saying goodbye to a fortune.

Why doesn't anyone get this? Doesn't anybody know?

If I hear anyone else say that "you will make new friends" I think I might explode. Maybe. No one can ever replace the people you have known. Ever. Sure, you will meet other people. But you are just replacing one fortune with another. They are all irreplaceable.

Am I the only one who knows this?

There was a dream that I dreamed, a dream for another alien like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment